OR WAIT null SECS
A new weeklong program, Healthy Lifestyles in Sight, will highlight the Transitions Championship PGA tour, March 16 to 22, at Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club.
Palm Harbor, FL
-A new weeklong program, Healthy Lifestyles in Sight, will highlight the Transitions Championship PGA tour, March 16 to 22, at Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club.
The new program will highlight the connection between healthy sight and an overall healthy lifestyle. The Transitions Championship, the first of a 4-year PGA tour title sponsorship, will combine a competition of the world’s finest golfers with a 7-day program for spectators.
The professional players that make up the all-star tour include last year’s winner, Sean O’Hair, defending Masters champion Trevor Immelman, and 13-time tour winner Kenny Perry. They will be joined by several of the current top 30 world-ranked players, including Stephen Ames, Paul Casey, K.J. Choi, Steward Cink, Tim Clark, Ben Curtis, Jim Furyk, Retief Goosen, Zach Johnson, Hunter Mahan, Geoff Ogilvy, Alvara Quiros, Adam Scott, Vijay Singh, and Steve Stricker. Also appearing will by Ryo Ishikawa, Fred Couples, Fred Funk, Mark Calcavecchia, Carl Pettersson, and John Huston.
Some of the highlights of the program:
• March 15: The Live Your Vision Family Walk will benefit Prevent Blindness Florida. Included in the walk will be vision education activities, a children’s play area, a family picnic, and a chance to meet one of the golfing pros from the tour.
• March 16: During the Sports Vision Protection activity, several sports vision specialists will be available to teach attendees about the importance of proper eye wear and eye care during sporting activities.
• March 17: Salamander Hospitality chefs Andre Halston and Todd Gray will hold healthy cooking demonstrations and samplings for the Healthy Dining Choices experience.
• March 18: The Youth Wellness day will be full of activities for children, including a golf clinic with a swing coach and a sports vision expert, as well as a chance to watch the pro golfers compete and free vision screenings.
• March 20: During the Sun Protection program, spectators will learn how to protect their skin and eyes from the sun’s damaging ultraviolet rays.
The Healthy Lifestyles in Sight program is a collaboration between Transitions Optical, the Copperheads (a charitable organization in the Tampa Bay area), and Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club. To learn more, visit
or call 727/942-5566.