OR WAIT null SECS
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute at the University of Miami is the top ophthalmology hospital for the ninth year in a row, according to U.S. News & World Report.
Washington-Bascom Palmer Eye Institute at the University of Miami is the top-ranked ophthalmology hospital in the nation for the ninth consecutive year, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2012 specialty hospital rankings.
Ophthalmology hospitals are ranked on their reputation among specialists. The 15 hospitals ranked in ophthalmology were named as among the best for challenging cases and procedures by at least 5% the ophthalmology specialists who responded to U.S. News surveys in 2010, 2011, and 2012.
The top 15:
1. Bascom Palmer Eye Institute at the University of Miami, FL
2. Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
3. Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
4. Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
5. Jules Stein Eye Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, Medical Center, Los Angeles
6. University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City
7. Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
8. Doheny Eye Institute, University of Southern California University Hospital, Los Angeles
9. Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
10. New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York
11. Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University, St. Louis, MO
12. University of California, San Francisco, Medical Center, San Francisco
13. W.K. Kellogg Eye Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
14. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
15. Cullen Eye Institute–Baylor, Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
For more articles in this issue of Ophthalmology Times eReport, click here.