OR WAIT null SECS
How are you observing World Glaucoma Week this week? Eye-care institutions and local patient support groups worldwide are marking the week with awareness and educational events.
New York City-How are you observing World Glaucoma Week?
Eye-care institutions and local patient support groups worldwide are marking the week with awareness and educational events. For a list of events and additional information, see wgweek.net.
New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg issued a proclamation, and a joint resolution of the New York state legislature commemorated World Glaucoma Week and recognized Robert Ritch, MD, holder of the Shelley and Steven Einhorn Distinguished Chair in Ophthalmology and chief of glaucoma services at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, as co-founder and organizer of the global campaign. Dr. Ritch is a member of the Ophthalmology Times Editorial Advisory Board.
Among the additional proclamations and declarations of World Glaucoma Week were those issued by:
• U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer
• U.S. Rep. Carolyn Maloney
• Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer
• City Council Speaker Christine Quinn and council members Gale Brewer, Inez Dickens, Daniel Garodnick, Robert Jackson, Jessica Lapin, and Rosie Mendez
• New York State Sen. Tom Duane and State Sen. Liz Krueger