OR WAIT null SECS
Bausch + Lomb (B+ L), the company that brought the first soft contact lens to market 40 years ago this month, showcased product innovations and scientific research focused on improving patient care, outcomes, and quality of life at the American Optometric Association?s (AOA) annual meeting in Salt Lake City June 15 to 19.
Salt Lake City-Bausch + Lomb (B + L), the company that brought the first soft contact lens to market 40 years ago this month, showcased product innovations and scientific research focused on improving patient care, outcomes, and quality of life at the annual meeting of the American Optometric Association’s (AOA) here earlier this month.
“B + L’s commercialization of the soft contact lens was a major breakthrough for consumers,” said Calvin Roberts, MD, chief medical officer, B + L. “We continue to pursue similar innovations within vision care, surgical and pharmaceutical platforms staying true to our unwavering goal of helping millions of patients around the world see better to live better.”
Innovations showcased by the company at AOA included:
• Biotrue, a bio-inspired contact lens solution that works like the eyes to help lenses stay clean and moist throughout the day.
• PureVision 2 HD contact lenses with precision optics are designed for crisp vision in low light and help reduce halos and glare.
• Ocuvite 50+, an eye vitamin supplement developed to help replace nutrients the eyes lose with age.
• Retisert, an intravitreal drug implant for the treatment of chronic non-infectious uveitis that affects the posterior segment of the eye.
• Alaway, an eye drop designed to provide fast-acting relief from itchiness.
Also, the B + L Web site (www.bausch.com) has been enhanced to provide patients and professionals with in-depth information and resources. The site includes improved navigation and content organization, as well as the addition of mobile and social media links that provide access to additional resources.