- Primate retina and visual brain, 3:15 to 5 p.m.
- Implementation science in ophthalmology, 8:15 to 10 a.m.
- 20/20 visual acuity is not enough – again, 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Circadian clocks in retinal health and diseases, 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Targeting mitochondrial dysfunction in retinal and optic nerve disease, 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- What’s new in glaucoma imaging? 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Corneal regeneration in health and disease, 3:30 to 5:15 p.m.
- From optics to electronics: New technologies for improving vision in health and disease, 3:30 to 5:15 p.m.
- Molecular and cellular insights into lens and cornea regeneration, 8:15 to 10 a.m.
- The nuts and bolts of novel drug development, 8:15 to 10 a.m.
- Metabolic regulation of ocular immune responses, 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Vergence eye movements and strabismus, 3:30 to 5:15 p.m.
- Treatment on the horizon for Fuchs endothelial corneal dystrophy, 8:15 to 10 a.m.
- Why cancer inflames the eye, 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Retinal lipid and glucose metabolism in health and disease, 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
Breakfast with an Expert
Learn while having bite to eat first thing in the morning! Breakfast with an Expert sessions will be held Wednesday from 6:45 to 8:15 a.m. Here’s the lineup:
- Van Lansingh, MD, PhD: How to start your international career and contacts
- Diane Bovenkamp, PhD: Private/non-profit funding opportunities for early-career scientists
- Philip I. Murray, PhD, FRCP, FRCS, FRCOphth: Effective communication: tips for presenting and publishing
- Pinakin Gunvant Davey, OD, PhD: Career options after graduate and professional school: academia, industry or hybrid
- Haiyan Gong, MD, PhD: Transitioning from student to post-doc to faculty
- Julia Busik, PhD: Your dream experiment just worked! What’s next? How to sell it in papers and grants
- Katrina Schmid, PhD: Developing your teaching portfolio
- Randy Kardon, MD, PhD, FARVO: Can I still have it all? How to successfully combine clinical ophthalmology and research and still be fully funded in 2018
- Thomas W. Gardner, MD, MS: Translational research
- Mark Radford, MD, PhD, FRANZCO: Thinking outside the box: Alternative careers for the clinician scientist or researcher
- Maureen G. Maguire, PhD: How do I fit in and thrive? For biostatisticians and epidemiologists in vision research
- Xiaoying Zhu, OD, MD, PhD, MS, FAAO: Developing a Career as a Clinician Scientist
- Ann Logan BSc, PGCE, PhD: Setting up spinoffs and conducting commercial research from an academic lab
- Miller J. Ogidigben, PhD, FARVO: Careers in industry
- Robert AH Scott MBBS, FRCS(Ed), FRCOphth, DM: Connecting clinical practice with research
- Tonia S. Rex, PhD: Balancing family and career
- Jacque L. Duncan, MD: Applying to ophthalmology residency programs
- David R. Williams, PhD: Maximizing scientific achievement
- Subhabrata Chakrabarti, PhD: Choosing your niche in research