1. Alio JL, et al. Ten-year follow-up of laser in situ keratomileusis for myopia of up to -10 diopters. Am J Ophthalmol. Jan 2008;145(1):46-54.
2. Perez-Santonja JJ, et al. Retreatment after laser in situ keratomileusis. Ophthalmology. Jan 1999;106(1):21-28.
3. Hersh PS, Fry KL, Bishop DS. Incidence and associations of retreatment after LASIK. Ophthalmology. Apr 2003;110(4):748-754.
4. Lyle WA, Jin GJ. Retreatment after initial laser in situ keratomileusis. Journal of cataract and refractive surgery. May 2000;26(5):650-659.
5. Blum M, et al. Five-year results of Small Incision Lenticule Extraction (ReLEx SMILE). The British journal of ophthalmology. Jan 8 2016.
6. Chansue E, et al. Safety and efficacy of VisuMax® circle patterns for flap creation and enhancement following small incision lenticule extraction. Eye and Vision. 2015;2:21. doi:10.1186/s40662-015-0031-5.
Dr Martin Dirisamer, MD, PhD, FEBO
Dr Dirisamer is the head of the department for refractive surgery at the University Eye Clinic, LMU Munich, Germany. Dr Dirisamer reports no relevant financial disclosures.