Washington, DC—U.S. News & World Report has released its annual Best Hospitals rankings for 2013-2014. Rounding out the top three ophthalmology hospitals in the United States are: Bascom Palmer Eye Institute; Wills Eye Hospital; and Wilmer Eye Institute.
Its list of top-ranked hospitals for ophthalmology includes:
1. Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami
2. Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia
3. Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
4. Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
5. Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles
6. University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City
7. Cole Eye Institue, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland
8. Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
9. Doheny Eye Institute, USC University Hospital, Los Angeles
10. New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York
Top-ranked hospitals ranked for ophthalmology were named as among the best for challenging cases and procedures by at least 5% of the ophthalmology specialists who responded to U.S. News surveys in 2011, 2012, and 2013.
For more details, visit http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/ophthalmology.
For more articles in this issue of Ophthalmology Times eReport, click here.
To receive weekly clinical news and updates in ophthalmology, subscribe to the Ophthalmology Times eReport.